- The weather was ideal for the Women’s Open that was held on Saturday July 30th. A field of 44 women played a 2 ball scramble, participated in 3 skills contests and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Check http://amherstgolfclub.org/2016-agcwa-2-ball-scramble-open/ for tournament results. We thank Kate H. and Edith H. for the many hours they put into planning this event, as well as all our members who played on Sat. and/or assisted in many other ways: helping with the skills events; creating and printing the flyers and posters; distributing flyers at Western Mass matches; providing fresh picked Hadley corn; selling raffle tickets; taking pictures; setting up and cleaning up; and…. THANK YOU ALL! Also, a special shout out to our talented chefs – Cathy and Carl Teschke. I’m sure everyone will agree that it’s quite an undertaking but well worth it judging by the positive feedback.
- Our last 18 hole tournament this year is the President’s Cup on Sunday morning Aug. 21. To date, we have no volunteers to plan this event. If nobody signs up, Dave will organize the golf for us, though there will be no snacks/food provided. If you’re interested in taking this on, please contact me so I can give you the (in)famous folder!!
- Our Twilight League putt money collector, Susan P., asked that I remind you there are only a couple weeks left to contribute. It would be great if we could surpass last year’s total.
- Please save Sun. afternoon Sept 11 for our Over 50 Tournament. More details later.
- Some photo galleries of various women’s events can be seen here.
The Fall Membership Drive is in full swing, and is an opportunity to get potential new members enlightened to the benefits of being a member