AMHERST GOLF CLUB RULES
as posted in the Pro Shop – updated January 2017
1. There shall be no fivesomes at any time, except with the permission of the pro.
2. Play is restricted Tuesday afternoons at 3:30 P.M. during the men’s round robin schedule. No one other than men’s round robin participants shall be permitted to play, except with the permission of the pro.
3. Play is restricted each Thursday from 3 P.M. until 5:30 P.M. during the women’s twilight league. No one other than women members shall be permitted to play, except with permission of the pro.
4. The course is closed during regularly scheduled club tournaments except for tournament players.
5. All members playing under a family membership, except for mother and father, are considered junior members.
6. Junior members are not permitted to play in adult tournaments. The course is closed to junior members on Saturday and Sunday mornings unless playing with a senior member.
7. No beer and wine are allowed on the course unless purchased on premises.
8. All players shall be properly attired when playing golf. Not acceptable are: tank tops, t-shirts, halter tops, spaghetti straps, cut off shorts, gym shorts, short shorts and sandals. Metal spikes are not allowed.
9. Starting on the 6th and 8th holes is permitted only with permission of the pro and only when the course is clear ahead so that players teeing off do not interfere with the progress of players on #5 and #7.
10. Any group with an open hole in front and two or more groups waiting behind is deemed to be holding up play and must let those behind through.
11. Only those equipped with a bag and clubs shall place a ball in play on the course. Spectators may accompany players (Senior members only).
12. All facilities of the clubhouse are open to members and guests.
13. Players coming off the 9th green will alternate positions with players starting on the 1st tee.
14. Guests must be signed in at the pro shop before starting play.
15. Golf carts and bags should not be left unattended on the course at any time.
16. All players are asked to leave the course better than they found it. Please replace and/or fill divots, repair ball marks on greens, and practice good course maintenance etiquette at all times. This includes properly raking traps and picking up broken tees. Littering will not be tolerated.
17. “Play the ball as it lies, play the course as you find it, and if you can’t do either, do what is fair. But to do what is fair, you need to know the Rules of Golf.” If the Rules of Golf are in question, always ask the pro.
18. The inappropriate display of anger or bad temper on the golf course including, but not limited to, throwing clubs and excessive use of profanity will not be tolerated. Offenses may lead to disciplinary measures which may include loss of golf privileges.