2017 Senior 2-Ball Open Results Posted June 17, 2017
|June 16, 2017||Amherst Senior|
|2 Ball Open||Gross||Nunez Paul||69|
2017 Seniors Championship Results Posted June 12, 2017
|June 11, 2017||Senior’s Championship|
|Shumway Trophy||Gross||Klos Gene||75|
|(0ver 50yr – Gross)|
|Rocking Chair||Net||Kielb Wally||67|
|(Over 50yr – Net)||Allan Glenn||67|
|Kuzmiski Trophy||Gross||Allan Glenn||77|
|(Over 65yr – Gross)|
|Roy Gage M&M Trophy||Net||Allan Glenn||67|
|(over 65yr – Net)|
|June 11, 2017||4 Ball Best Ball||Gross||Yarrows Dennis|
2017 Jaegermeister Results and Photos Posted June 11, 2017
|June 10, 2017||Jagermeister||Acers||J P Mullins|
2017 Ken O’Brien Biathlon Results Posted June 5, 2017
|June 4, 2017||Ken O’Brien Biathlon||Gross||Cody Jon||78|
2017 Founder’s Cup Results Posted June 4, 2017
|June 3, 2017||Founder’s Cup||Gross||Gowdey Jean||108|
AGCWA Announcements Posted June 1, 2017
2017 Dick Garber Memorial 4-Ball Results Posted May 29, 2017
On a cloudy, cool but relatively dry Memorial Day weekend, the Garber Memorial was played with 18 teams in three divisions participating.
|May 27 & 28, 2017||Dick Garber Memorial 4 Ball||Points|
|Jack Leaman Division||1st||Hodgkins Don||25 pts|
|(won in extra holes)||Klos Gene|
|Lentner Mike||25 pts|
|Steve Cutler Division||1st||Pelchat Bryan||28 1/2pts|
|2nd (tie)||Frant Roger||25 1/2pts|
|Kamansky Chris||25 1/2pts|
|Don Jacque Division||1st||Kielb Wally||25 1/2pts|
|2nd (tie)||Jemsek Jack||24 pts|
|Worthley Brad||24 pts|
Jon Cody’s recount of the thrilling sudden death playoff between Klos-Hodgkins and Yarrows-Lentner:
June 2017 AGCWA News Posted May 29, 2017
Last summer we needed rain, this year…
- Barbara Brown is working on the 18 hole Founder’s Cup Tournament for Sat 6/3 at 8:30 am. Registration $15. Sign-up sheet posted or call Dave at 256-6894.
- Our 18 hole Special Cup Tournament on Sat. 6/17 is waiting for volunteers. Committee sign-up sheet on AGCWA bulletin board.
- Our Thurs. 9 hole Guest Day is scheduled for June 22. For new members, this is not part of the Twilight League schedule, but rather a chance to invite friends to play golf with us and showcase AGC. When I checked today, I saw that nobody had signed up to organize this event and I’m concerned that it’s getting late to arrange for food at this point in the busy month of June. Please consider signing up asap. A reminder – a member can invite a league only player as a guest.
What’s New – May 2017 Edition Posted May 25, 2017
- The Amherst Golf Club Rules were updated by the Board of Directors, with two rules added. First, the “scout” rule was added, to emphasize all players should improve the course during play by practicing good course maintenance etiquette, such as replacing/filling divots, repairing ball marks, no littering, etc. Second, the know the Rules of Golf. If there is a question during play, the pro is just a phone call away. The updated rules have been posted in the Pro Shop and here.
- The Board ask that all golfers be considerate of other players and the grounds crew and refrain from playing multiple balls (excluding provisional) when others are on the course. The club has practice areas for hitting multiple shots, and local driving ranges are also available for practice.
- The Club has initiated an Annual Fund Campaign to help make ends meet. The dues and greens fees have held steady despite our struggles to meet operation and equipment costs the last 8 years or so. We want to reach out to those that want to do more for the club financially, and this will be detailed in a subsequent e-mail. Contributions to Members Court also has helped with upkeep of the course, but more is needed in these difficult times where golf memberships have declined nationally.
- The drought in Massachusetts is officially over! Kudos to Carl Teschke and his grounds crew. Their diligent work last Fall and this Spring has the course looking as lush as ever.
- The club has acquired a new roller, which has been long overdue, and the greens have already benefited. A new turbine blower is also in hand. Below is a picture of Mike Gillis on the 5th green with the new machine.
2017 Amherst 2-Ball Open Results Posted May 25, 2017
In the money:
|May 20 & 21, 2017||Amherst 2 Ball Open||Gross||Trombley Mike||66|